Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fall in Chicago

We've had adventure upon adventure as we explore this new neighborhood and city. The Fall was so wonderful as we've made many new friends and tried to figure out surviving grad school. We see Grant a little more than I thought we would, but barely. He has been called as an early morning seminary teacher for our church, teaching the high school kids about the gospel of Jesus Christ, starting at 6am on weekdays. He loves it and puts a lot into it! I've enjoyed it in a way as I've explored new recipes to make the kids for Friday morning treats. Grant also goes through his busy days like a champ even though he's often exhausted.
In September, Grant's mom came out to visit and we went to a few museums and played outside and had lots of fun. A few weeks later, my mom came and visited during Jackson's birthday. Jackson had 2 of his best buddies over for a train party. He came to love the pure joy that comes from blowing out candles!

If only I could adequately capture how beautiful the Fall was here. The trees were bright, bold, lovely colors and whenever I went outside it made me smile. Colors everywhere. For Halloween, Jackson wanted to be The Lorax, so I sewed him up a costume that kind of resembled the Lorax, while I dressed up as a truffula tree, and Grant was The Onceler. We decided we love Fall here!

Jackson and his favorite buddy Emmett at the Beach!

Museum of Science and Industry with Grandma Gannnaway
Probably one of my favorite pictures of all time. 
The joy of popping popcorn! 

Jackson's 2nd Birthday Party! 




Uncle Jack, Aunt Jennifer, Aunt Jonna, cousin Julie and my mom. It's so wonderful having
 extended family only 2 hours away in Wisconsin, who I never got to see very often!
Grandma Risley when she came to visit
The Lorax for Halloween

Picking pumpkins at the pumpkin patch
Pumpkin Carving
Fall on campus

No comments:

Post a Comment