I'm FINALLY posting some pictures of Jackson's room... it's taken me long enough (6 months...)!
So a long time ago when I was searching how I wanted to decorate Jackson's room, I was looking at all of the cute crib sets. I found that most of them were $50+ dollars, and the ones I really liked, over $75. I then decided I would make everything for Jackson's room so that it would be less expensive (besides, it just feels GOOD to be thrifty!). I ended up making all of this for under $15.
Here are a few things I did to decorate:
 |
| Curtains- I just got a queen size sheet for $5 at walmart to make this curtain. I used the extra material for the crib skirt and the fabric behind the "J". Then I bought some fun fabric at the store (on sale) and cut out circles and ironed them on. |
 |
| I bought a box of buttons at the store and hot glued them onto the fabric. The fabric is just on a piece of cardboard, and I bought the ribbon for 50% off, and I also used it for the banner. |
 |
| So apparently I'm not so good at taking pictures. This says "boy". |
 |
| Hard to see, but here's the bed skirt with matching round pieces of fabric. The bed skirt has a fold down the middle, I think this looks a lot cuter in person. I also thought about making a crib bumper, but then I've read so much about SIDS and the recommendation to not have bumpers to prevent SIDS, so I became the over scared (or maybe just super safe) parent and decided not to do one. But I've read that they're not super hard to do! |
 |
| These are cut-out circles of fun paper (using someone's Cricut), then I just sewed them together, spacing them apart randomly. |
 |
| For the banner in the back, I just cut out triangles of the fabric I used to do the circles and hot glued them to the back of the ribbon, then hot glued buttons on the ends on top of where I nailed the ribbon to the wall. The mobile was made by an old roommate and given to me for a baby shower gift (Thanks, Erin! :) ). |
 |
| Finished product! |
No comments:
Post a Comment